- NACAC’s College Admission Status Update: A central resource of information about changes in college admission as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. From the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
College price transparency
- College Scorecard: This U.S. Department of Education tool allows you to compare colleges and fields of study across key statistics including median student loan debt and post-graduation median salary.
- TuitionFit: Compare actual college prices from real financial aid offers
- SwiftStudent: Get free help writing a financial aid appeal letter
Test out of college courses
- AP Courses: These are college-level courses offered in high school. Based on qualifying exam scores, you can earn college credit or advanced placement. Click here to search institution credit policies.
- CLEP: The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program allows students to earn college credit for information they already know. CLEP offers 34 exams that cover material generally covered in courses in the first two years of college for a reduced price. Search institution policies here.
Freshman Year for Free
Offered by the nonprofit Modern States Education Alliance, the Freshman Year for Free program allows students to earn free college credits. Here’s how it works:
- Students take free online classes created by Modern States. The courses are taught by professors from top colleges and universities and prepare students to test out of introductory courses via CLEP exams.
- After completing each course, students take the corresponding CLEP exam for free via a voucher provided by Modern States.
- Students send their CLEP scores to their college or university to receive credit. More than 2,900 institutions accept CLEP credits.
- NACAC College Openings Update – Options for Qualified Students: This is a voluntary listing of NACAC member institutions that are still accepting applications from prospective freshmen and/or transfer students for the upcoming fall term.
- Strive Virtual College Exploration: Watch recorded virtual college presentations.