GET IN TOUCH

By filling out the form below, we understand that you are ready to talk specifics and find the best possible college experience for your student. Our team will be in touch with you within 2 business days. We can't wait to get started.

MCPT Inquiry
First
Last
First
Last

CONNECT

OFFICES

Educational Consultants
1001 Ogden Ave.
Suite 203
Downers Grove, IL

Financial Consultants
1717 North Naper Blvd
Suite 200
Naperville, IL

We gladly use video conferencing for clients who are unable to meet in person.

10 Ways to Research a College When You Can’t Visit in Person

other ways to research a college
The best way to get the real scoop on a college is to visit.  However, that can be expensive and time consuming.  Here are our suggestions for other ways to research a college if you can’t visit in person.
1. Use the college website.  Specifically, a student should look at the admissions section, academic sections, student organizations, and most importantly the student newspaper.  The student newspaper is the one “unfiltered” piece on most websites. Some campuses might also have student blogs and/or a virtual tour on the admissions part of their website.
2. Use a site like YouVisit.com for virtual tours.
3. Google Earth can be incredibly helpful for seeing what the campus and surrounding areas area like.
4. Talk to an alum in your hometown.  Colleges might be willing to provide you with a list or your school counselor might know past HS students who attend colleges you are interested in.
5. Use a local directory of admissions reps such as CARR which is the organization for Chicago area admissions reps. These are admissions reps who live in particular areas of the country and specifically recruit in those areas.  They are almost always willing to come to your HS and/or meet up at a local library or coffee place. More local groups of admissions reps can be found on NARAC’s site.
6. Visit the college’s social media sites.  Many colleges now ask current students to post material so you might get an insider’s look at what’s happening on campus now.
7. Visit a college fair in your area! For a list visit NACAC.
8. Read a college guide book. The Fiske Guide is probably the most highly regarded and easiest to read.  Cool Colleges is another great book.  Many people like Colleges That Change Lives, as well.
9. Some colleges will fly students in to see their campuses.  Click here for details.
10. Come talk to us!  Our team visits campuses and talks to admissions reps on a regular basis.  We know many alums and current college students.  We can give you lots of great info about schools that will fit you. Click here to schedule a complimentary consultation!

Anita Gajula

Anita Gajula is a caring, dedicated, and experienced professional. She received her Bachelors in Psychology from Williams College and a Masters in Higher Education from the University of Michigan. After ten years of experience in the college setting, she is now an Independent College Counselor because she loves to learn about different colleges and match students to their best fit. She is especially passionate about the liberal arts setting and working with undecided students.